Re: [eclipse.org-committers] Kepler: enabling download stats and using mirrors

Your p2 repos should also use mirrors -- this is not enabled by default. Please use mirrors: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/p2.mirrorsURL

Just a side comment - its impossible to use mirrors when building since
the mirrors often are incomplete/unavailable/corrupt.
If you're running builds, by all means, use download.eclipse.org directly. Or even better, run builds on our servers. When I say "Please use mirrors" I am referring to the links and repos you make available to the general population.

We have no control over our mirrors, but they do handle over 90% of our downloads and I hear very little feedback similar to yours. Of course, you certainly understand that there is a delay between the time a file is uploaded to us, mirrored and made available to all.

Any work going on to make these problems less of an issue ?
No, since I wasn't aware this was an issue. Please file a bug against Eclipse Foundation > Community > Servers with some reproducible use cases and we'll look into it ASAP.

Thanks,

Denis

Back to the top