[eclipse.org-committers] A survey on the Values, Work Practices and Tool Usage of open source software projects

Dear Eclipse Committers,

As some of you are aware, we have been working with two professors at
Duke University's Fuqua School of Business who are conducting a survey
on the Values, Work Practices and Tool Usage of open source software
projects. You can access their survey by clicking on the URL below. It
should take NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES to complete.

http://www.projectassessment.org/eclipse/

Professors Jonathon Cummings and Tony O'Driscoll have already conducted
in-depth research into these areas with the Fedora community and we are
keen to help them expand this productive line of research within the
Eclipse context. During the first phase of the research, Jonathon and
Tony have already conducted a number of in-depth interviews with leaders
of a diverse set of projects within Eclipse.  For the second phase, they
have developed a more detailed online survey to probe deeper into the
inner workings of the varied projects within Eclipse.

The findings of this research will go a long way to helping us better
understand what makes the Eclipse community tick. I think it is a
hallmark of our success as a community that academics are starting to
study in detail the ins-and-outs of how the Eclipse community works.

Thanks,

Wayne

--

Wayne Beaton