|[eclipse.org-committers] Follow-up: Major pserver CVS change soon|
As a follow-up to my previous
- The CVS shadow copy will be updated as frequently as possible. In fact, I will likely use the CVS loginfo service to immediately initiate a sync for those portions that have changed.
- This means pserver may still be suitable for builds. But...
- If you're using pserver for builds, you may want to switch to SSH to avoid possible sync issues
- You can use SSH keys for passwordless authentication. The procedure is explained below.
- Since dev, download and build.eclipse.org all share the same home directory, your key will be used for all three locations.
Setting up a key:
On your client workstation: mkdir ~/.ssh chmod 700 ~/.ssh cd .ssh ssh-keygen -t rsa and leave the passphrase blank chmod 400 id_rsa scp id_rsa.pub dev.eclipse.org: On dev.eclipse.org: dev$ mkdir ~/.ssh dev$ chmod 700 ~/.ssh dev$ cat ~/id_rsa.pub >> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys dev$ chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys dev$ rm ~/id_rsa.pub
Back to the top