Re: [eclipse.org-committers] How do I get modification privileges toBugzilla

Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

On 13 Oct 2008, at 14:36, Oberhuber, Martin wrote:

Hello Joel,

The biggest problem here seems that as a PL you're unable to contact
your PMC. I'm not exactly sure how Technology handles this (CC'ing
some people I know on the Technology PMC), but as a PL you must
have a channel to contact your PMC.
If it's the mailing list, you'll need to subscribe here:
Once that is done, you should be able to send E-Mail to the PMC.

I am subscribed and it appears to be a filtering problem with my emails. I have already sent a request to Matt Ward asking for assistance.

The second problem is, that as an incubating project you should have
two Mentors assigned. These are your primary resource for questions
your assigned Mentors are Richard Gronback (just back from Vactaion)
and Gary Xue (should have been available). You should certainly have
direct E-Mail contact with them.

You are undoubtedly right, apologies. I am in regular contact with Gary and Rich. I thought (mistakenly?) that this was a PMC issue. Iac, the mentors should have been my second port of call at least.

 For question 1 (bugzilla), I think you should file a bug against
  "Eclipse Foundation -> Community -> Bugzilla"
which will bump into the Webmaster who should be able to help
you out. It sounds like your committer ID is not properly linked
with your bugzilla ID.

Thanks, will do.

 For question 2 (how to use bugzilla), having a separate
"Management Tasks" Component is certainly an option. I
haven't seen personally a project which captures such
tasks in Bugzilla yet, but it's certainly possible. Especially
if you anticipate Community Feedback with respect to your
tasks, Bugzilla is a great tool for this.

Thanks.

Hope that helped, and if you have further questions I think
you should contact your PMC and/or Mentors -- they are on
CC of this E-Mail.

Will do.

 Cheers,

Cheers,