[eclipse.org-committers] Translate your plugins: Babel to the rescue

[ I'm sending this email as a committer on the Babel project ]

At Babel, we've built a website that allows the entire community to help translate your English plugins to other languages.

    http://babel.eclipse.org/

But we need you, the Eclipse committer, to help define the PDE .map files that are used to build your project's plugins.  Once your .map files are defined, we'll crawl through CVS, scanning for the externalized strings in the various .properties files, enabling them for translation using the web tool.  The end goal is to produce language packs that everyone can download and use.

Please help us get the ball rolling, and take a few minutes to define the .map files for your project's latest versions. Talking about the Babel project on your -dev list can't hurt in helping us recruit translators.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you'd like to help, please contact us on the babel-dev mailing list.

Thanks!

--
Denis Roy
Babel committer