[eclipse.org-committers] Release 3.1 is severely crippling eclipse.org

Hi All,

Even doubling our available bandwidth couldn't save us from the popularity of Eclipse. Although the new hardware is holding up just fine, we are simply overwhelmed by the amount of requests. We were saturated at 2,200 concurrent connections, and we are currently at 4,320 - and have been at that rate for the last 8 hours.

I'll be focusing my energy on setting up a high capacity mirror site on a separate Internet link so I can redirect download traffic to it. Until then, I ask [beg] that you refrain from downloading 3.1 directly from eclipse.org. Postponing any bandwidth-intensive eclipse.org operations would certainly go a long way.

By the way, 3.1 has already reached 95,000 downloads, and the count would likely be higher if our site was accessible.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and I will be setting forth some recommendations to prevent this for R-3.x.x and R-4.x.

Denis

Back to the top