[eclipse.org-committers] Technology Project Declaration: Technology Project Infrastructure aka "Barn Raising"

As per the Eclipse Development Process, we are notifying the Eclipse Membership-at-Large of the intent to propose the Technology Project Infrastructure project (also known as the "Barn Raising" project) as part of the Technology PMC.

A brief description of the project is below. A project proposal will be posted on www.eclipse.org <http://www.eclipse.org/> in a week or so.
*Project Declaration for "Technology Project Infrastructure"*

TPI's focus is to provide an easy to use common infrastructure for Eclipse Technology Projects so that each technology project can focus more on developing and delivering their unique aspects and less on the common tasks of actually delivering Eclipse based technology. This should reduce the sysadmin overhead for each project allowing more technology projects to be better served with fewer resources.

Our first goal is to provide hardware and software for a continuous build environment for technology projects using standard open source tools plus the Eclipse releng tools. There may be other goals that arise as we proceed or it may turn out that this is the only goal and the project is terminated when the goal has been achieved.

Back to the top