[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Wiki and Best practices

Greetings Eclipse Architecture Council.

It was great to see many of you today during our call.

I'd like to draw your attention to a repository that the EMO created to provide a place to capture best practices. You'll find some documentation there regarding, for example, managing containers.

This might be a good place to assemble best practices regarding naming ("main" branch, "approved list", etc.)

https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/emo-team/best-practices

This may also serve as a good example of a way to replace the wiki. Rather than use the wiki feature of GitLab, the best practices are just captured as Git content in markdown format. GitLab does a good job of rendering Markdown (and AsciiDoc).

I'd love your input on the content that the team has already assembled. Please use issues or merge requests.

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

My working day may not be your working day! Please don’t feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.

Back to the top