Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] PMC or parent TLP-less projects

The role of the PMC is baked into our Bylaws and our IP Policy. Changing or removing the role of PMCs would be a very large task, and goes well beyond simply changing the EDP.

On 2022-06-02 6:18 a.m., Mickael Istria wrote:
Hi all,

We discussed in some not too old call the capability of having projects without a PMC, or could we say being their own PMC, their own top-level project and thus being more autonomous on many things
How feasible would that be? Any idea when this can be implemented?

I'm asking that because these days, I think the Technology PMC is a bottleneck in m2e development; and I don't remember the Technology PMC has not created any value for the m2e project for a long time. So m2e would be better without having to deal with Technology PMC.
Note that it's not blaming the Technology PMC and its members in any way, same could be said for some other projects and other PMCs, it just happen that m2e is my current example. This is more discussing the concept of PMC or having a parent Top Level Project not being best for m2e -and probably others- in general.

Cheers,

--
Mickael Istria