From: Ivar Grimstad <ivar.grimstad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "eclipse.org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "eclipse.org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [eclipse.org-architecture-council] JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal
Date: Mon, Apr 19, 2021 1:37 PM

Architects,

As you may be aware, JEP 411 proposes to deprecate the Security Manager [1].

In this [2] post from Apache, they point out the need for replacement APIs with Apache NetBeans as an example where the security manager is used to gain additional insights into the JVM's behavior.

Please let me know if you are aware of similar needs in the Eclipse IDE or other Eclipse projects. If there are, we could consider authoring a similar post here at Eclipse Foundation.

Ivar

--

Ivar Grimstad

Jakarta EE Developer Advocate | Eclipse Foundation Eclipse Foundation - Community. Code. Collaboration.