Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Specification Review Dates

Thank you Wayne for the detailed explanation! Very much appreciated!
Thanks
Emily

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 5:06 PM Wayne Beaton <wayne.beaton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reviews are scheduled to conclude on the first and third Wednesday of every month. This hasn't changed.

By way of background, we do this for a few reasons. First, I was instructed by the board of directors to only run two reviews per month. Second, and IMHO more important, reviews do place a burden on me and my team and having two review slots helps us manage that burden. The EMO has always tried to accommodate project teams when they're under a crunch, and so does occasionally schedule reviews out of cycle. But, as I said, it puts a burden on my team and impacts other work.

I've been extremely flexible with MicroProfile's recent specification releases because I recognise that the MicroProfile team has been working very hard to stand up a working group and specification process, and -- since the two review periods came very early in the month -- it felt wrong to bump the reviews into the new year. As the new working group stabilizes and we get into a steady state flow, please take care to schedule your releases in alignment with the first and third Wednesday review dates in mind.

By way of education for the rest of the architecture council, the specification process requires that all releases of a specification undergo a release review. So the review-once-per-year thing doesn't apply for specification releases.

HTH,

Wayne