[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Supporting GitHub Actions / GitHub repositories

Hi everyone,

with the GA of GitHub Actions and GitHub repositories, it is possible to get a bit more CPU/RAM with GitHub Action than with Travis. And of course it nicely integrates with GitHub.

GitHub actions also allow you to attach custom compute resources for your build. Which might be interesting for some people.

With GitHub repositories it is possible to host Docker, NPM, Maven, … directly alongside the GitHub repository.

Taking a look at what the Eclipse Foundation supports [1], I was able to find Travis (supported), CricleCi (not supported).

I think it would be nice to have a general "ok" (also on the Wiki Page) on using GitHub Actions and the repository system, in addition to Travis and our own infrastructure.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jens

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI#CI_Environment_.28Third-party.29

--
Jens Reimann
Principal Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill, Thomas Savage

Back to the top