Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] PMC-less projects

I have a similar view regarding Runtime.

+1

Jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 1:51 PM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

In parallel of the IP improvements proposal, I see that PMC duty and value is a recurring topic.
More specifically, I have the impression that for many or even most of projects in Technology and Tools top-project, the PMC doesn't really help in the IP process, it's more a bottleneck than an assistance.
And it's somehow similar for reviews.

So let's just throw the idea one more time in the air: what about allowing projects to be detached from any PMC ? That would IMO really make most of processes much faster and I don't see any loss of value/quality.
--
Mickael Istria