[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Impossible to find subset of "aggregated" CQs to piggy-back
- From: Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 18:56:05 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is not intended that anybody piggyback this style of aggregate CQ.
That's too bad.
So if one needs a subset of the CQ, instead of doing a piggy-back, this will require a new CQ and duplicate work from committer and IP team?
This is a relatively new exception/workaround that we still need to document.
The short version is this:
- One CQ may contain many or all of the dependencies
- Node.js dependencies only
- The CQ must be "Type A"
- Attach the sources for all dependencies as a single ZIP file
- The CQ is tied to a specific project; no piggybacks.
Ok for the current state.
However, I think this could be improved by allowing piggy-back (see my 1st question) to hopefully reduce the workload on committers and IP team.