Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] When should a project leave incubation? Is the 0.x version related?

My understanding is that for most of the projects we should graduate them as the "Mature" phase as they demonstrate the good qualities of a proper open source project. Do all the projects listed have an active and growing community? I know from personal experience that LSP4E does. The other aspect of incubating should be to let adopters know that APIs are not stable yet -- however I don't really know how stable it should be, and is having part (core part?) stable enough? The parallel IP seems just a small consideration to remove a pain point for people bringing new projects to Eclipse and not a core quality of an incubating project.

The Incubating branding can have negative connotations, so I understand the desire to get out of incubation at the earliest opportunity.

I hope that helps advance the discussion.
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.