Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] The "Eclipse Projects" Market

I’ve no opinion or proposals yet but I’ve some trouble to contrast this approach with the existing EPP packages and (elsewhere discussed) Oomph-based standard profiles.

More concrete:
Can you elaborate how, for instance, the Java Developer Tools Feature on the Marketplace will be different to EPP Java package?
Bug 459905 sounds like this. Thus, I’m missing the key motivation for this step. I assume that you are looking for a greater flexibility than we have today with EPP. Is this the main motivation?
Will EPP packages disappear some time soon?

Thanks,
Marcel

Back to the top