Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Architecture Council nominee: Bernd Kolb

+1 also!

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Thomas Watson <tjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+1

Tom

Inactive hide details for Wayne Beaton ---11/29/2013 12:45:55 PM---Greetings Architecture Council. I'd like to nominate Bernd KWayne Beaton ---11/29/2013 12:45:55 PM---Greetings Architecture Council. I'd like to nominate Bernd Kolb to the Architecture Council.

From: Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "eclipse.org-architecture-council" <eclipse.org-architecture-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 11/29/2013 12:45 PM

Subject: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Architecture Council nominee: Bernd Kolb
Sent by: eclipse.org-architecture-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings Architecture Council.

I'd like to nominate Bernd Kolb to the Architecture Council.

That Bernd is not already a member may come as a bit of a shock to some of you. He had previously been a member of the Architecture Council as the representative for a member company. When Bernd changed employers, that relationship was also terminated and he was unceremoniously turfed from our ranks.

If you've been involved in the Eclipse community for any significant amount of time, you've likely heard of Bernd.

He was the programme committee chair for EclipseCon Europe 2011, a current committer on the Skalli project, and designated project lead for the proposed Mbeddr project [1] (currently waiting on trademark approval before a creation review). He is a past committer on numerous Eclipse projects, including Xtext, Xpand, and MWE; and a past project lead for EMF Query, and EMF Transaction.

Amusingly, he is also already one of our more active mentors, engaged with Koneki, Skalli, and Tycho (he is a past mentor for Jubula). While this may highlight a bit of dysfunction in our process--I could argue that the mentoring roles should have been retired and that the mentor should have been replaced, or that the member company representation should have been turned into an appointment--I believe that it more importantly highlights the suitability of Bernd in this role.

Please register your vote.

Thanks,

Wayne

[1]