Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Votin' on JSRs

Hi Benjamin,

The AC homepage has some “About the AC” bits that might be interesting for you, based on the Eclipse Bylaws cited in “About the AC”:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council

More practically, you’re simply invited to follow the mailing list, participate in discussions sharing your experience, and be open to taking an action items once in a while when they come up in a discussion.

If you’re active as a project’s mentor, you should be informed about how that project is doing, be ready to help that project, and inform that project about relevant news at Eclipse.

I’m typically sending a welcome E-Mail based on the following template to new members:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Templates/Welcome

A bit more specifically, the “Dormant Status” explains how we feel about neglecting the simple ask for participation:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Architecture_Council/Dormant_Status

We’ve never defined a process for voting on JSR’s – I’ll let Wayne or Mike comment on what they expect there, but I guess it’s simply an invitation to you as an experienced member of the Eclipse Community;

It allows you to influence Java when you feel like you have a vested interest in something; one of the benefits of being an AC member.

Does that help or have you been asking for anything more specific ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6