Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Implementing CLAs

Hi all,

Unfortunately I’ve had to miss last week’s call, but after reading the presentation I have 3 questions :

1.       Is there a bugzilla item to capture discussion around the topic ?

2.       I like the brevity and simplicity of the 3 questions; compared to that, the CLA from the Netty example looks complex. What can we do to ensure that contributors who sign the CLA actually understand what they are signing and not just click-through it like we’ve become used to with all those typical software installers ?

3.       What if a contributor messed up their git commit record somehow (eg typo in the name for signed-off-by). The automatic checks against the CLA on file would fail in that case; who would clean up the commit record and how ? And as a corollary, if a commit record can be cleaned up, how are we going to guarantee that the “signed-off-by” ID is actually correct and authentic ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6