Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] "Project meta data is out of date for..." messages

In my experience these notifications are worth keeping around.  I worry that without the notifications, many projects would forget to update their metadata early in the release cycle (as opposed to 1 week before a release), and as a result lose most of the benefit of maintaining the metadata in the first place.   If stale project metadata becomes the norm there won't be much of a reason to continue capturing the information.

That said, perhaps an "opt-out of notifications" mechanism could be implemented in conjunction with the Validate button for projects that don't want or need the nudging?   Running less often also sounds reasonable, maybe 4 times a year, just to make sure the different release schedules of Eclipse projects are accommodated.  Sending notifications only to the specific project leads also sounds like a reasonable way to address the clutter issue.

Neil