[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Agenda item for tomorrow's AC meeting

Hey folks. I want to give you a heads up on one of the agenda items for
tomorrow's meeting.

EMO has been discussing some important changes to the Bylaws. Some of
those changes affect the AC. Specifically, we'd like to remove the part
(section 7.2) that makes the AC "responsible for the development,
articulation, and maintenance of the Eclipse Platform Architecture"
(it's been years since we've even attempted to do this, anyway), and add
in responsibility for defining and maintaining the Eclipse Development
Process.

As part of this effort, we're going to have to make changes to the
Bylaws and EDP documents. I'll be enlisting your help for the latter.

FWIW, this is our opportunity to further tune the EDP. I'd like to
target a post-Indigo release of the 2011 update. Feel free to start
opening bugs against Community/Process.

Thanks,

Wayne

Back to the top