Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Things Committers should know

2. How does an existing project (==leaf node) add a new subproject
   or turn an existing component into a project? Looks like that
   would turn it into a container thus making its existing content
   void? What's the turnaround time for the project proposal?
   Is there a streamlined process for the existing component ->
   project case? Where do I turn to asking such questions?

STP did this for the BPMN Modeler and SCA Tools sub-projects.

Usual project stuff applies - proposal, creation review.

We also need to do it for the other 'components', but there
always seems to be something else more urgent...
3. This message seems to apply to project leads only, does it
   actually make sense to send that under the "committers should
   know" label?

Yep, because it disseminates more information about the
process in general, and that's a good thing IMHO.

 --oh

Back to the top