[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Things Committers should know
- From: "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:31:05 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcmWm4NS6FmsvhGpSlueCXqxcae4IQAANvzg
- Thread-topic: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Things Committers should know
> Links to non-eclipse.org content
Could you add a hyperlink into the devprocess or wiki where
the original reference text of that requirement is to be found?
> Component == Project
I apologize for not reading all the dev.process for this, but
some things of what you write here seem odd and/or may need some
1. To what extent is the new model executed already? At least
from the Platform I know there's tons of components.
2. How does an existing project (==leaf node) add a new subproject
or turn an existing component into a project? Looks like that
would turn it into a container thus making its existing content
void? What's the turnaround time for the project proposal?
Is there a streamlined process for the existing component ->
project case? Where do I turn to asking such questions?
3. This message seems to apply to project leads only, does it
actually make sense to send that under the "committers should