RE: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Things Committers should know

Hi Wayne,

>  Links to non-eclipse.org content

Great posting!

Could you add a hyperlink into the devprocess or wiki where
the original reference text of that requirement is to be found?

>  Component == Project

I apologize for not reading all the dev.process for this, but
some things of what you write here seem odd and/or may need some
more clarification:

1. To what extent is the new model executed already? At least
   from the Platform I know there's tons of components.

2. How does an existing project (==leaf node) add a new subproject
   or turn an existing component into a project? Looks like that
   would turn it into a container thus making its existing content
   void? What's the turnaround time for the project proposal?
   Is there a streamlined process for the existing component ->
   project case? Where do I turn to asking such questions?

3. This message seems to apply to project leads only, does it
   actually make sense to send that under the "committers should
   know" label?

Thanks,
Martin

Back to the top