Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Nominations for new Architecture Council members?

Bjorn,

I think Chris Aniszczyk would be a great addition to the Council.   I'm not
sure I need to say anything about all the things he'd done to promote the
Eclipse community.  His record speaks for itself.  Please include him on
the nomination list.

Note that the Sunday night get together overlaps with Ian's blogger's party
so we should consider joining forced.

   http://ianskerrett.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/blogger-party-at-eclipsecon/

Especially considering that I am Eclispe's official unofficial
photographer.  Everyone should make sure they are presentable that night
because you will be photographed and those photographs will be published!

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 313)

             Bjorn
             Freeman-Benson
             <bjorn.freeman-be                                          To
             nson@xxxxxxxxxxx>         "eclipse.org-architecture-council"
             Sent by:                  <eclipse.org-architecture-council@e
             eclipse.org-archi         clipse.org>
             tecture-council-b                                          cc
             ounces@xxxxxxxxxx
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [eclipse.org-architecture-council]
                                       Nominations for new Architecture
             03/03/2008 07:18          Council members?
             PM

             Please respond to
             "eclipse.org-arch
             itecture-council"
             <eclipse.org-arch
             itecture-council@
               eclipse.org>

Exalted Architecture Council members,
Per (3) on the Architecture Council page, it's time for us to nominate new
people for the Council. Let's use the following dates:
      Nominations to this mailing list through March 9th.
            Election [to the Council] is a highly visible confirmation of
            the Eclipse community's respect for the candidate's technical
            vision, good judgement, software development skills, past and
            future contributions to Eclipse. It is a role that should be
            neither given nor taken lightly.
      Then I'll put a ballot on the mailing list and take votes through
      March 16th.
      And thus, magically, the new members will be new members as of
      EclipseCon.
I suppose there could be an objection that I've not really left enough time
here and that there should be a month or so rather than a short week plus a
week, but I'll wait to see if there are any such objections.

- Bjorn

P.S. Also a reminder that we have a call scheduled for Thursday, March
13th. We also have an informal get together Sunday night (the 16th) in the
bar at EclipseCon, perhaps around 6:30pm. We'll buy the new members a
drink.
--