Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Proposal API/extension point design workshop

Hi David,

It might be useful to include or even focus on an "API Tools" aspect to such a summit, or workshop.

good idea

Be sure to include Anti-API ...
  what's bad API look like
  how/when do API become "hidden" (compiles ok,
      but leads to subtle, hard to spot dependancies on certain
      behavior, right or wrong, that might lead to large re-writes later.

absolutely!

Even if the very final form of the deliverable goes beyond the workshop, the workshop
could have a goal of a first draft, of ...
- a book on Eclipse APIs

yeah! I just wasn't bold enough to propose that ;-)

Good idea Michael ... may be lots of interest ... now, if we could plan to hold the summit on one of those cruise ships ... :)

... what about Europe? E.g. Heidelberg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidelberg)
+ a beautiful city (more life than Esslingen)
+ close to the Frankfurt international airport
  (70 miles ~ 45 minutes by (German ;-) car)
+ I live there -- no travel for me  ;-)

Or a Greek island?

Michael

Back to the top