[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Proposal API/extension point design workshop
- From: "Scharf, Michael" <Michael.Scharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 06:27:17 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AceThKiNCwxpmffSRbqUmtJhteG6DA==
- Thread-topic: Proposal API/extension point design workshop
since we don't have regular architecture council meetings anymore
and we have decided to have workshops on special interesting topics,
I'd like to propose a workshop on API and extension-point design.
<when I say API this also includes the design of extension points>
What are the goals?
- Exchange experiences with defining API
- Build up a tribal knowledge on APIs
- Learn from bad APIs
- Learn from successful APIs
- Sharpen your eye for good and bad APIs
- How make design extensible for the future (don't
make your decisions today block you tomorrow)
- Get help on your current work on APIs
- ... what ever you want to share/learn about APIs
and extension points
Who should come to the workshop?
- Anybody involved in API design
How to prepare?
- Every participant has to submit a paper/slide deck
- Come with some API you want to have reviewed or
where you need help.
- Bring some API you are proud of.
- Bring some API you struggle with.
- Bring examples of the evolution of your API.
What will we do?
- everybody/some will present the submitted paper
(depending on the number of participants)
- we will split into small workgroups
- focus on one participants API/problem
- discuss it, dig into it (hands on!)
- iterate until each member has been in the
What do you think?
Feel free to change the agenda, goals etc.
This is just a first raw proposal!
Michael Scharf, Wind River
direct +49.6621.586.0139 mobile +49.173.664.2579 fax +49.6221.436.805