[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Communication from the Board

All Council Members,

During our June Board meeting, the Board had a number of very positive conversations about how to further improve Eclipse's adoption and to create additional opportunities for the commercial ecosystem. One conclusion of the Board is that it would be advantageous for all Eclipse projects to improve our user's experience.

As a result, the Board would like to request that all projects consider packaging, installation and out-of-the-box experience to be important objectives for all projects included within the 2007 Eclipse release train.

To be clear, everyone realizes that Eclipse projects control their own resources and objectives. This is simply an attempt to raise the profile of these issues as the various teams start their planning.

Thanks.

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director,
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.