Re: [eclipse-pmc] Merge strategy for projects moved to Github

Mickael, I believe you do not understand me.

I'm not questioning if we move to github etc.

I'm missing trivial plan / workflow / guidelines related to the changed way to contribute.
Shouldn't be there some? or we just let the things "flow" and see if that will be enough, because we are "standing on the giant's shoulders"?

Here is the very first example where a policy should exist IMHO, it was the first thing I've stumbled upon looking on a new repo in git:

https://github.com/eclipse-platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator/issues/12

Surely we don't want that our git history contains some vendor specific "committers"?

And there will be lot of similar guidelines / policies to define.

E.g. should anyone "fork" and create PR's from own fork or "clone" the main repo and create PR's from branches to master using main repo clone?
Both is possible, but shouldn't there be a guideline?

Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

Спасение утопающих - дело рук самих утопающих

https://www.eclipse.org/user/aloskutov