Re: [eclipse-pmc] [eclipse-ide-wg] Fwd: [cross-project-issues-dev] IMHO serious issues in the Eclipse Java IDE 2021-06 M3

Hi Gunnar,

I'm aware of the hypothetical benefits of Orbit, and like some other people, I'm not certain about how profitable they happen to be in real life.
So my question still stands and is important as it will fundamentally influence the future of the Platform/Orbit relationship IMO: how would using Orbit to publish slf4j 2.0 have prevented this issue in m2e? If there is some compelling positive answer to that, then it will seem more interesting for Platform to reconsider an Orbit first strategy; if there is none, then it will confirm that the current approach of bypassing Orbit was a good one.

Cheers,

Back to the top