Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [eclipse-pmc] Notice: Plan to promote RC3 without complete, official sign-offs

Thanks David!

No objections from the PMC. I checked Platform Ant, Platform Debug and PDE, and they are all good to go.

To close this, we should still get an official go from Platform UI in bug 427530, especially since there probably won't be an RC4 build. Eric, can you please take care of this, given Paul is away? Thanks.

I would also like to improve the process around the sign-offs: David, you nicely summarize in the bug report which sign-offs are missing. I suggest you send a note with the missing sign-offs to platform-releng-dev (and probably corresponding Equinox list) already on Thursday EOD. While I do follow the lists frequently, I often lag behind when it comes to bugzilla, hence a reminder on the mailing list would help me to be informed about the current state of the sign-offs


From:        David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        08.02.2014 00:29
Subject:        [eclipse-pmc] Notice: Plan to promote RC3 without complete,        official sign-offs
Sent by:        eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx


According to previous procedural discussions, I should have sent this at noon today (2/7).

My apologies for sending this so late in the day ... as I suspect many of you won't see until after the deed is done. But ...

Our Kepler SR2 RC3 was supposed to be declared today (2/7), but a couple of component leads have not signed off ...

Bug 427530 - Declare Eclipse 4.3.2 (Kepler) SR2 RC3

Platform UI, Debug, Ant

JDT Debug


I'm guessing between vacations, illnesses, and plain being busy, some forgot to delegate.

Most have made no changes since last week .... except for Platform UI. And, we did do a respin for them, based on a bug found in RC3 testing.

My plan, unless I hear an objection, is to go ahead and officially declare on Saturday (approximately noon) ... even if not everyone has signed off.

I think low risk, and don't want to hold up others in release train that are depending on building or testing with our RC3 version.

Let me know if any objections, or have a better suggestion.

I'll also send note to cross project list, documenting our status, and say that the bits in
M20140206-1000  is nearly certain to be our RC3.


eclipse-pmc mailing list

Back to the top