[eclipse-pmc] e4 & equinox Bundles with 0.* version and incubation status ?

Hi PMC,

On the EPP mailing list, I was asked to confirm that the Eclipse Standard package (ie Platform + Egit + MPC) doesn’t include any incubating components. If it would, then the filename would need to be “eclipse-*-incubating-*”.

I’ve checked the list of bundles and found that some org.eclipse.e4*_0.* bundles exist, as well as org.eclipse.equinox.bidi_0.10 :

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/epp-dev/msg02618.html

I seem to remember that some special agreement was made when Platform first released as a “mature” project including e4 … and that the relevant actual git repos of e4 were moved over to Platform at that time while keeping the rest of e4 in “Incubating” status (for XWT and other bits).

So I _think_ that we don’t include any incubating components from an IP point of view (read: parallel IP applied to respective git repos) … but wanted to double check what you think ? Can you give me actual material / documents to follow up on the EPP mailing list ?

Thanks,

Martin

--

Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

Back to the top