Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

It should be possible to accomplish both goals if the competition is structured right. For example entering a bug or blogging about testing a plugin could put you in a draw for a prize, but getting a patch accepted could get you some small swag like a t-shirt (up to some limit).

John

Mike Wilson/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/28/2012 12:37 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

I think getting a wide range of Eclipse based applications tested on 4.2 is *very* important. So, yes.

I still believe that widening our contributor base is an important theme too.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for "Oberhuber, Martin" ---2012/02/28 12:25:21---Hm…"Oberhuber, Martin" ---2012/02/28 12:25:21---Hm…

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx>

2012/02/28 12:25

Re: [eclipse-pmc] 4.2 Bug Hunt Competition

Hm…

While getting patches is of course interesting, is this really the main goal to accomplish at the moment ?

As much as I understand things, many of the really important 4.x defects are not really trivial ones to fix (unless there’s many tagged “helpwanted” … I didn’t check). My impression was that the more important thing at the moment is actually _find_ what’s still a problem, no ?

Martin