Re: [eclipse-pmc] A request to decouple ACL for core components

We are trying very hard to move toward having one group of committers for each project. Management of who has access to what in a finer-grained way should be managed via social convention. If you really need to have separate groups of committers, then you probably also need separate sets of project leaders, and so should probably split into two separate projects.

Wayne

Boris Bokowski wrote:

Wouldn't this mostly increase the management overhead? I would have thought that instead of splitting larger components, we should rather merge small(er) components at some point in order to simplify things.

Just for the record, the current Platform UI component currently has about 15 active committers (not all full time). It may make sense to split into IDE, Workbench, JFace, Data Binding, but I am not sure what we would gain by doing a split.

Boris

Inactive hide details for Szymon Brandys ---2010/07/19 05:39:38---I think that due to recent committer nominations in the core Szymon Brandys ---2010/07/19 05:39:38---I think that due to recent committer nominations in the core components, it would make sense to spli

[eclipse-pmc] A request to decouple ACL for core components

Sent by:
eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I think that due to recent committer nominations in the core components, it
would make sense to split the commit groups
to better match the reality.

There should be at least split into core.resources and core.runtime.

Thanks
--
Szymon Brandys