[eclipse-pmc] API Removal Process

I have drafted the process for API removal, based on all the feedback from our previous discussion:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/API_Central/API_Removal_Process

Rather than adding extra steps where PMC approval is required, I just wrote that the PMC or component lead can decide to revert the change at any point up to the release where the API is deleted. I expect as a PMC we will want to review upcoming deletions near the release where they occur, to review all feedback up to that point to decide if it should go ahead. We can discuss either on today's call or on this list.

John

Back to the top