RE: [eclipse-pmc] Documenting dependencies on operatingsystems andJRE's

For the JRE, I think you have a good point and we should probably just declare Java 5 rather than 1.4.2. I was thinking that some of our downloads actually still work on lower versions, but on further thought I don't think that's important. I.e., it is possible to run SWT on 1.4.2 but I think it's sufficient to just say our project has a pre-requisite on Java 5 to cover all the bases here.

For QNX, I don't actually know the version but I can attempt to find that out. We do actually still build and deliver SWT for QNX every day, for example:

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/I20100119-0800/download.php?dropFile=swt-I20100119-0800-photon-qnx-x86.zip

It is not a reference platform because it only runs SWT rather than the entire platform, but we do build and ship it so thought I might as well throw it in the list...

John

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/20/2010 05:15 PM

Please respond to
eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx

<eclipse-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [eclipse-pmc] Documenting dependencies on        operatingsystems        andJRE's

Perfectly prepared, as always - I bow to you, John :)

+1 for going the path of least resistance and work on this one, your list makes perfect sense.

Except I'm still surprised about QNX, it's neither a reference platform nor on the list of ZIPs we build...
... and it's odd declaring a pre-req on J2SE-1.4 when the current list of reference platforms does not
include any J2SE-1.4 one any more. Perhaps we should continue running automated tests on ONE
J2SE-1.4 platform and declare that as reference too?

Martin