[eclipse-pmc] Documenting dependencies on operating systems and JRE's

It has come to my attention that we must enter CQ's for all dependencies on third party software that we reference, including operating systems and JRE's [1]. I had previously thought that exempt pre-reqs didn't require a CQ. Furthermore, the policy says:

"These discussions and decisions must occur transparently either via email on the public PMC mailing list, or in the minutes of meetings distributed to the public PMC mailing list."

I am writing this email to satisfy the above requirement. I would like to declare an "exempt pre-req" dependency for the Eclipse project on the following:

Windows (CE, XP, Vista, or 7)
Linux Kernel 2.6
Mac OS X 10.5 or greater
Sun Solaris 10 or greater
HPUX 11i v2 or greater
IBM AIX 5.3 or greater
QNX Photon
Java Runtime Environment 1.4.2 or greater

Since the CQ deadline for Helios is Feb. 5th, I'd like to submit a CQ for these as soon as possible. Please respond here with any comments, concerns, additions, or corrections. If I hear no objections or corrections before February 1st, I will assume all is well and I will enter the CQ.

John

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf

Back to the top