Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Size of a full Eclipse mirror?

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Carlos Carvalho wrote:

archive-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (archive-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote on 8 July 2010 17:33:
>Ok our deletetions are trailing due to io errors, I have enabled
>--delete-during which should help matters and tweeked my chmod line so we
>dont det io erros having mirrored a closed directory.
>  --chmod=Du+rwx,u+rw   Providing your mirroring is done by a
>different user than the webserver is running will probably
>prevent alot of io errors on your side if mirroring direct from eclipse.

The chmod won't help because the IO errors happen due to wrong
permissions at the origin, not the destination.

Not strictly true for instance rsync will create a dir it cant traverse local or files it can not delete eg a dir with say 600 perms and then fall over on the local listing from then on etc...

rsync://download.eclipse.org/eclipseMirror/tools/ajdt/36/update/
Has a number of dirs without user exec perms for example

>I wouldn't recomment --ignore-errors as you have a tendancy to end up with
>an empty mirror on occcasions if you must use this set a --max-delete=2500
>or some such like.

Yes. However, daily updates of the eclipse repo routinely remove
~15,000 files or more. Therefore you'll end up with a lot of
should-have-been-removed files anyway...

The risk is unavoidable.