Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Size of a full Eclipse mirror?

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 03:49:42PM -0400, Webmaster(Matt Ward) wrote:
>  As Denis pointed out in his previous posts, we do our best to auto
> correct any permissions that may cause sync errors for mirrors.

Good. What about some technical means so that files with wrong
permissions can't be stored on the server, so fixing the problem before
it even occurs?

Alternatively you could introduce another step and use rsync from A
(where the developers upload) to B (where the mirrors sync from)? That
way B would only contain files that are readable and errors during
synchronization directly go to you, so that you can fix them (without
the mirror community to know about these errors).

When you think about it, there are several ways to solve this problem
and I'd be glad to see eclipse in the leage of functioning projects
(from a mirror's point of view).

Best regards,
--
Carsten Otto           otto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx