RE: [eclipse-mirrors] Limiting the amount mirrored

Yes, it is an internal mirror, and yes we use eclipseFullMirror… we wanted the web pages themselves, as well as the plugins, etc., to be internal, and using FullMirror was the only way to get that.  We had some errors on the internal mirror (due to missing pieces) when we tried going with just Mirror.

Thanks – I will copy some of the extra patterns you have given below.

From: eclipse-mirrors-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eclipse-mirrors-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy)
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 10:23
To: eclipse-mirrors@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Limiting the amount mirrored

Jim,

Can you confirm if you're using the eclipseMirror or eclipseFullMirror stanza?  If memory serves me correctly, you are hosting an internal mirror, and when it was set up many moons ago you told us you wanted everything, which would qualify for using our restricted, but complete eclipseFullMirror.

On the other hand, eclipseMirror already has an exclusion list to filter out all the nightly builds we can think of.  Currently it is this, but we update it as we discover new stuff:

exclude = drops/I* drops/N* drops/M* *.jpg *.gif callisto/staging/ callisto/testUpdates/ eclipse/testUpdates/ eclipse/updates/3.2milestones dev/TPTP* tools/cdt/builds/* modeling/gmf/downloads/drops/B* *drops/*/N* *drops/*/I* linuxtools/N* nightly /webtools/downloads/drops/*/M* /releases/staging  /tools/orbit/committers

Feel free to keep using eclipseFullMirror and tweak your exclude list, or switch over to using eclipseMirror.

Denis