[eclipse-mirrors] Limiting the amount mirrored

For various reasons, we want to mirror the ENTIRE Eclipse repo, EXCEPT for nightly builds.

In working things out a year or so ago, we came up with this command (in our local copy of eclipse.org-rsync.sh):

RSYNC="/usr/bin/rsync --delete-excluded --exclude=drops/N* --exclude=drops/I* "

However, not all Eclipse projects have been following the 'standard' naming scheme.  I recently had to change the command to the following:

RSYNC="/usr/bin/rsync --delete-excluded --exclude=drops/N* --exclude=drops/I* --exclude=nightly/* --exclude=drops/\d+.\d+.\d+/N* "

which appears to avoid _most_ nightly build stuff.

Thought it was time to share this, in case anyone else has similar requirements... and maybe other patterns which do a better job.  I may not have these patterns correct, etc., though they seem to be working alright.

Back to the top