Re: [eclipse-mirrors] Potential mirror

Wow.  That's very impressive.

There are several options available for those sites considering becoming an Eclipse mirror that have concerns about bandwidth utilization...
-Mirror only release and/or stable builds
-Provide FTP only and limit the number of connections to reduce the bandwidth utilization
-Use Apache's mod_throttle or something similar to limit the speed or number of  http connections

In addition, several sites have internal mirrors only.   This allows them to provide Eclipse drops to their developers if they don't have sufficient resources to support an external mirror.

There are many different options available.  We appreciate all our mirrors, and welcome new volunteers!

Again, as the number of mirrors increases, each individual mirror will bear less traffic as more options become available to users in their geographical area.

Kim

Adrian Reber <adrian@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-mirrors-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/15/2003 11:32 AM