RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] [resources] REST (Representational StateTransfer)

Hi Michael,

this is very interesting, but I don't currently understand
how REST would map to what we do in Resources.

Could somebody with a RESTful background help out?

For now, I just have a faint feeling that a client/server
architecture where an Eclipse Workspace is located on a
server and a local client interacts with that workspace
through an RPC-Style IResource API would likely *not*
be RESTful, because the Eclipse Workspace maintains State
(e.g. IResource#isSynchronized()) whereas a RESTful system
needs to be stateless.

Or am I misunderstanding?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm