Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] Modelled UI change notification - live model

Hi,

One more thing on this whole topic the rest is going to the bug. The
critical things in are DOM are (if you compare it with an ordinary DOM).

a) Distinguish between:
- Moving of nodes (e.g. moving ViewPart A from Stack A to Stack B)
- Removing of node (e.g. remove ViewPart A from Stack A)

This is doable with EMF but this gives us a new headache because this
assumes that we have a containment-relationship (or if you are not a
EMF-guru a bidirectional parent-child-relationship between Stack and View!)

b) because of a) this means that sharing View Part A in between Stack A
Perspective A and Stack B from Perspective B we suddendly have links in
our model. There are multiple ways to solve this:
- The views are located at another place (e.g. directly under the
  workbench)
- We use links and insert Link/Proxy objects where we want share things
  (You see this in my extended model!) between views and when a
  perspective gets visible all proxy objects are exchanged to the real
  view-part and at the place they got removed a new proxy with the link
  to the real object

Tom