RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] E4 towards genericconnection management(dog and pony)

That sound perfect if you don't mind staying for a 7pm meeting. I always forget about all the different time zones we're scattered across. :)

And 5 min + 5 min q&a sounds great too. Keeps it short and sweet. Then if we need more info, we can get more specific in separate meetings.

--Fitz

Brian Fitzpatrick
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Eclipse Data Tools Platform Connectivity Team Lead
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/03/2008 07:46 AM

Please respond to
E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"E4 developer list" <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] E4 towards        genericconnection        management(dog and pony)

Hi Brian,

1pm EST is 7pm my time, but I think I can accomodate that next Thursday.
Boris could you add that to the E4 Google Calendar once there is some
agreement (I'm not sure who has admin rights there)?

I can certainly give a short 10 min overview on RSE (perhaps we should actually
plan for 5 min presentation + 5 min questions since it tends to get longer anyways).

In terms of scope and focus, my feeling was that we were primarily about
to talk about "connections" as first-class citizens, how to represent them
internally and how to present to the user - knowing that a concept of
"connections" currently exists already in very different flavors:
  • DTP databases,
  • WTP application servers,
  • TPTP performance test targets,
  • ECF Containers (connections),
  • Platform/Team Repositories,
  • Platform/Core Proxies,
  • DSDP-TM/RSE remote systems,
  • EFS URI's
to name those that spring to my mind. The question in what way such
connections are then used by other components (high-level applications,
or low-level remote resources, or medium-level infrastructure such as
caching) seems a different one to me.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm