Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS walkthrough - Aug 20 at 11am EDT/ 5pm CEST

Hi Ralf,

These are great questions.

Since folks have already prepared slides, what I'd like to propose is that everyone presents, and we use these questions as part of the input to the discussion.

My guess is that we're going to need a few rounds of discussion on the topic of CSS.  My main goals of this initial call was "level setting" and the start at removing barriers to making concrete progress.  Your questions are exactly the kinds of things we should be discussing.

And agree, CSS should have its own page under e4.

Best Regards,
Kevin

Ralf Sternberg <rsternberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse-incubator-e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/19/2008 09:00 AM

Please respond to
E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

E4 developer list <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject

Kevin McGuire wrote:
> After solving the N-body problem we now have a date and time for the CSS
> walkthrough:
>
> Wed. Aug 20, 11am EDT/5pm CEST -
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=8&day=20&year=2008&p1=188&p2=195&p3=37&p4=-1
>
> (one week from today).  Sorry that doesn't work for all but its the best
> we can do.  Please allow 1.5 hours so we can have some good technical
> discussion.
>
> Thanks to all for providing availability and special thanks to Angelo Zerr
> for moving his schedule to accomodate.
>
> Those who will be presenting, please prepare a short presentation (max 10
> min) so we can have some material to prompt discussion.  The presentation
> might simply be the wiki page you edited, or a slide show to share.
>
> Goals (please add to):
>
> 1. Understand current choices for CSS technology
> 2. Understand what our requirements are (e.g. kinds of selectors we care
> about)
> 3. Ideally, choose one technology to start concrete technical
> investigation
> 4. Decide next steps.

I had a discussion with Frank and we came across a couple of
architectural questions that are still unclear to us. As an example,
which roles will be involved in the development process - I guess the
person writing a style sheet is not necessarily a programmer - and the
like. I'd like to suggest that we try to clarify those higher-level
questions before we move on to actually evaluating technologies.

I added a wrap-up of our questions to my personal wiki page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Ralf_Sternberg

It's just a rough draft that might serve as a skeleton for the
discussion. By the way, I wonder: shouldn't we create a wiki page of its
own for the CSS topic?

Best regards,
Ralf