Re: [eclipse-ide-wg] Eclipse IDE Working Group Steering Committee Elections

Hey!

I would like to nominate myself as the Supporter Member representative.

Cheers
Martin

Am 06.09.2022 um 15:46 schrieb Zahra Fazli <zahra.fazli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The Eclipse IDE Working Group identifies its Steering Committee as a key governing body to drive various aspects of the working group for which there are elected positions to be filled.

Strategic Members are appointed to the Committee, while the elected positions are to represent the Supporter and Committer members. Supporter members and Committer members will each hold one seat on the Steering Committee.

Through this email, we are announcing that the Foundation will hold elections on behalf of the working group using the proposed timetable listed below:

All Members are encouraged to consider nominating someone from a Supporter Member (EclipseSource, Kichwa Coders Canada Inc., and VMWare, Inc.) as well as Committer members from the Eclipse IDE List of Projects Self-nominations are also more than welcome.  Nominations must be sent to this mailing list.  When the nomination period is closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates providing a short bio for each along with their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.  The winning candidates will be announced on this mailing list following the close of the election.

Elections Schedule:
September 6-16: Call for Nominations
September 20:  Announce Candidates Standing
September 21-29:  Ballots Created/Sent (Voting Period)
September 30:  Announce Elected Candidates

Please let us know if you have any questions.  Nominations are now open!. Best Regards,

Zahra

--
Zahra Fazli
Membership Process Lead | Eclipse Foundation