https://www.eclipse.org/lists/platform-dev/msg03291.html

Regards,
Ed

On 22.04.2022 12:25, Thomas Mäder wrote:
Hi Ed,

------ Original Message ------
From: "Ed Merks" <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx>
To: eclipse-ide-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 20/04/2022 17:33:47
Subject: Re: [eclipse-ide-wg] Eclipse IDE Working Group Minutes - 5th April 2022

I think many of the problems are very clear, but the solutions are not.  Not only that, even when the solution is very clear, the solution almost always requires people with time, but there are not enough people with enough time...
I get the "we don't have time to fix this" argument, but it's kind of circular: we can't attract more contributors, because we can't make the project more attractive to contributors, because we don't have enough contributors.

We can't fix everything in a single go, but we can do two things:

1. If you're in hole, stop digging: when we make changes, we should make sure they don't make things worse for new contributors
2. Let's do one thing that helps every release cycle. Review one PR, fix one paragraph of out-of-date documentation.

/Thomas