Re: [eclipse-ide-wg] Does WG accept donation? Replace "Donate" page in the IDE?

Mickael,

The original intent of these donation changes was to earmark and track what the user is doing when when they donate.  That should be in place now.  I have already mentioned to the WG that I believe the money earmarked for "IDE donations" (i.e., comes from the IDE, from the Installer, or while downloading an IDE or an Installer) should earmarked for the IDE working group.

This is the link for the page that currently shows in the IDE or is opened from the installer:

  https://www.eclipse.org/setups/donate/?scope=Eclipse+SDK&campaign=2021-06

When a person donates from this page (which they've tended to do twice as often as before), they get to this page where the tracking information is available:

  https://www.eclipse.org/donate/ide/?scope=Eclipse+SDK&campaign=2021-06

The current page is quite clear to as "what you can do to support the community," with the suggestions of investing your money or investing your time.  That seems a pretty reasonably equal billing to me.

In any case, I'm sure the WG will want to revisit this to update the content.

I can't really comment on the efficiency of improving the IDE.   I'm not sure there's an objective measurement for that.   I seems to me though that for many people (and companies) it will easier to donate money than to donate time.  Many people just don't have the time nor the skills, but everyone has money...

Regards,
Ed