[eclipse-ide-wg] IMHO serious issues in the Eclipse Java IDE 2021-06 M3

Hi all,

IMHO the following two issues of the Eclipse Java IDE 2021-06 M3 are serious, since they probably affect many and since there are no known workarounds for them:

1. Empty Maven console
https://github.com/eclipse-m2e/m2e-core/issues/182

2. Creating of a Gradle project via the "New Gradle Project" dialog is broken:
https://github.com/eclipse/buildship/issues/1077

In contrast, the following two issues, which I guess will also affect many, are not serious from my point of view, since workarounds are known:

3.
[JEE] .js files opened by default in the Text Editor instead of in the Generic Text Editor Workaround: right-click a .js file + "Open With > Other...", select "Generic Text Editor" and choose "Use it for all '.js' files"
https://eclip.se/573902

4.
WindowBuilder does not work with Java 16
Workaround: in "eclipse.ini" add the line "--illegal-access=permit"
https://eclip.se/572210

It would be great when these issues could be fixed for the 2021-06 release.

Thanks,

Holger

Back to the top