[eclipse-ide-wg] Eclipse IDE Working Group Steering Committee - Supporter Member Representative Election Announcement

Greetings:

The Eclipse IDE Working Group Charter identifies the various Committees that drive the facets of the working group for which elected positions are to be filled.

At this time, the Eclipse IDE Steering Committee has passed a resolution to initiate an election to fill the seat of the Supporter Member at the Steering Committee level.

Through this email, we are announcing the Eclipse Foundation will hold an election on behalf of the working group using the proposed timetable listed below as per the Steering Committee’s request. This mimics the process used by other working groups as well as the Eclipse Foundation itself for filling elected positions on our Board.

All members are encouraged to consider nominating someone from a Supporter Member for the position and self-nominations are more than welcome.  The Supporter Members of the working group are:

EclipseSource

Kichwa Coders Canada Inc.

VMware, Inc.

The nomination period is open and runs until May 19, 2021.

Nominations should be sent to this mailing list with the subject line of “Eclipse IDE Steering Committee - Supporter Member Election Nomination”.

Once nominations are closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates standing.  Typically we encourage all candidates to provide a short bio including their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.

The winning candidate will be announced on this mailing list shortly after close of  election.

Election Schedule:

Call for Nominations: May 12 - 19, 2021

Announce Candidates Standing:  May 21, 2021

Ballot Distribution (Election):  May 24 - May 28, 2021
Announce Participant Member Representative:  May 31, 2021

Please feel free to reach out if there are any questions.

Best Regards,

Sharon Corbett
Program Director, Working Group Operations
Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top